OnLoad="FreeViral(391423)"

Tuesday 20 March 2012

How To Use Samsung Galaxy Phones As USB Modems

How To Use Samsung Galaxy Phones As USB Modems


 

Recently I bought a Samsung Galaxy Android phone and that was my first Android phone. It simply rocks. Everyone will fall in love the OS as well as the awesome gadget. Bytheway,yesterday I had connected the Galaxy to my PC first time. It automatically detected the drivers and I could transfer my files via USB. But when I tried to connect it as a USB GPRS modem,I couldn't actually undestand what the procedure is. As usual I googled but didn't get any sort of correct solution.

Then I stopped searching in google and started thinking in "my google". I log offed to Ubuntu and I could easily use my phone as a modem. But I really need to use net on my windows. So after some researches,myself got the solution. There is a pc suite for Samsung like Nokia,named as "Samsung Kies". I installed it from my driver disc.
But wait. In kies,there is no option to connect net on PC. So how to connect samsung galaxy phones as USB modems in PC? I have the solution. Don't worry.
1.In phone, goto Settings-Application-Development-USB debugging-Put tick.
2. Connect your phone to PC.
3.Again goto Settings-Wireless...-Mobile network-Enable packet data.
4. Settings-Wireless and tethering-tethering-mark it.
Done. At that instant,a new samsung usb android device is installed and will show a notification in system tray.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment